travelling by car
from the north: Inntal motorway A12, exit Zillertal, federal road B 169 or via Tegernsee and Achensee
from the west and south-west: Autobahn A12 towards Salzburg, exit Zillertal
from the east: A10 Tauernautobahn to Werfen, B 311 to Schwarzach, Zell am See, then on the B 168 to Mittersill and on via the B 165. The B 165 is the old Gerlos road and it is difficult to drive between Wald and Ronach (partly also single-lane ). An alternative is the new Gerlos Alpine Road via Krimml. It costs € 10 per day or € 21.50 per week.
Toll exemption for the Gerlos Alpine Road:
in winter with guest card or ski pass, in summer from 7 days stay Info >>
- Free parking spaces at the hotel
- Winter tires are compulsory from November 1st to April 15th
- Snow chains increase safety in bad weather
- Arrival and departure are always possible, even with heavy snowfall. Our snow removal services are professionals and operate around the clock. Usually the streets are salted and dry. We do not have bans due to the risk of avalanches.
by train or bus
We recommend arriving via the Zillertal, as the connections are better here. The next ICE train station is Jenbach, change to the Zillertal Bahn to Zell am Ziller. From there by bus to Königsleiten, 100 m to the hotel. See timetable >>
Arrival via Zell am See (ICE train station), change to the Pinzgauer Lokalbahn in the direction of Mittersill, Krimml, then by bus or taxi to Königsleiten. See timetable >>
All buses and trains can transport bicycles.
travelling by plane
The nearest airports are Innsbruck (96 km), Munich (213 km) and Salzburg (150 km)
- Taxi Kammerlander, Gerlos Tel. 0043 664 1404041
- Taxi Posch, Krimml Tel. 0664 2211824
- Lubo's Taxi Krimml, Tel. 0664 363941
Airport transfer Innsbruck - Königsleiten with Taxi Kammerlander or Taxi Posch
You will be picked up at Innsbruck Airport and brought directly to your accommodation. On the day of your departure, you will be driven to the airport safely and on time.
Price Euro 35.00 (from 6 people - shared taxi).
We have 2 public electric charging stations, with 11 kw/h. House guests can charge for free. The electricity comes directly from the sun into the tank.
In Königsleiten you can rent e-bikes and electric cars, or use a free bus between Wald, Krimml and Gerlos.